Why do we run a Group joining list?
- To ensure a fair and consistent approach is adopted.
- To ensure all vacancies are filled with the right candidates.
- To have one central record of all waiting candidates.
What are the age ranges (ideals plus flexibility allowed)?
- Beavers 6 – 8 (flexibility 6 to 8 yrs 6 mths)
- Cubs 8 – 10yrs 6 mths (flexibility is at upper end allowing leavers at 10yrs)
- Scouts 10 – 14
- Explorers 14 –18
All sections are co-educational.
When will vacancies arise?
That really does depend on numbers already in a Section.
How are priorities managed?
- Priority must be given to any existing member of the Scout Association moving into the area. They will not normally wait until the new term.
- Children of existing or new Uniformed Leaders within the Group are also prioritised.
- Thereafter, within the waiting list, the longest standing candidate will be invited provided he/she meets the following criterion:
The highest placed candidate meeting the criterion will be invited.
When can my child be added to the waiting list?
- At Sheet Scout Group, we welcome application at any age. Just click the link below and complete the form.